1. There was a Meccan man who was born 6 years after Prophet Muhamad ﷺ. He lived a respectful & honorable life, and when Muhammad ﷺ began to preach Islam in Mecca, he was one of the first individuals from Quraish to accept Islam, due to the efforts of the earliest Meccan Muslims
2. He accepted Islam in his 30s in Mecca, when Muslims were a persecuted minority with no socio-political affluence. He eventually reached such a respected status with the Prophet ﷺ and the Muslims that he was given the honor of marrying a daughter of the Prophet ﷺ, Himself.
3. When the persecution of Muslims got out of hand, he was among the first to migrate to Abyssinia (along with his wife, the Prophet’s daughter) in hope of a safer and more tolerant setting, to freely practice Islam.
5. When Allah permitted, the Prophet migrated to Medina, leaving Mecca. This man, along with his wife, followed the Prophet and left everything they had behind. Once in Medina, he was shrewd enough to quickly become one of the richest men in Medina through trade.
6. Life went smoothly for the first few years; however, when the Battle of Badr was about to take place, the Prophet ﷺ called the men to bear arms. He hastily got ready; however, his wife was very ill, and so the Prophet commanded him to remain with her.
7. Unfortunately, his wife died that same day when Allah had granted the Prophet victory against the pagans in the Battle of Badr. Though the Prophet ﷺ had commanded him to remain with his wife, the Prophet ﷺ also gave him a share of the spoils of war.
8. A year later, he was remarried to another blessed women, another daughter of the Prophet ﷺ. In 6 A.H, when the Prophet went out for a Umrah to Mecca alongside His companions, certain complications had occurred. Thus, the Prophet ﷺ, sent this man to Mecca as an envoy
9. As he was in Mecca, news spread among the Muslim camp that he had been murdered in Mecca. When the Prophet heard the news, He was furious and called all of His companions for a pledge of allegiance to fight until death !
11. Since this man wasn’t there, the Prophet placed His other hand in his representation, and He took the pledge on his behalf. This man eventually returned to the camp safely, and the rumors of his death turned out to be lies.
12. In the year 9 (A.H) the Prophet set fourth for a military expedition to Tabuk, and the Prophet had requested that someone sponsor the expedition. This man sponsored the whole expedition himself. When the Prophet heard of this news, He played with the coins out of joy !
19.Who is this man? He is: Uthman bin Affan…. Honorable companion & son-in-law of the Prophet ﷺ and caliph of the Muslims. May Allah unite us with him in paradise